Your black stainless steel appliances’ color can be a point of contention. Here are some tips to help you decide which colors are best with your appliances and which don’t quite work. If you’re interested in seeing more color options, click the link below for interior designers’ favorite kitchen colors.
What Color do Cabinets Go With Black Stainless Steel Appliances?
1. Black cabinets are a great choice with black stainless steel appliances. You can also use white cabinets or even an off-white. The lighter the color, the better it works with black appliances.
2. Grey cabinets work well with black appliances as well – make sure to stay away from a dark grey, which will be too close in color to your appliances. A bright white or cream is an excellent choice for kitchen cabinets, but they might have less appeal since you’ll be able to see fingerprints on them more easily.
3. Avoid lighter shades of wood. They will make your kitchen look smaller, even if you have ample space. Black appliances are already dark and heavy-looking, so try to lighten things up with a light color scheme. Darker wood shades such as cherry or mahogany might work, but the contrast will be dramatic.
4. If you don’t like having all-black appliances in your kitchen, consider mixing them up with silver or cream-colored appliances. They will pull the attention away from the darker color of your existing appliances and create a more balanced look overall.
5. Mix and match different cabinets, appliances, and other accessories colors to create a cohesive look. The same goes for shades of wood and appliances. If you have black stainless steel appliances, you can get a dark cherry wood island to balance things. Black stainless steel appliances can also be paired with a light wood cabinet or black porcelain tile backsplash and doors.
6. If you’re doing your kitchen in black stainless steel for appliance reasons, other types of black cabinets also work well. The option called steel grey is recommended for kitchens with black stainless steel appliances. These cabinets are a lighter shade of grey and work well with most other colors.
7. If you are trying to decide between two lighter or darker shades, try to place samples side by side in your kitchen to help you decide which one will work better for your space. You can visualize the difference in size and dimension, which will help you make the best choice. There are also online tools that allow you to change the color of your room on their site and see what it would look like in varying shades.